Latest update from Visit Portugal …
Following the uncertainty and the threat of a no-deal BREXIT, the Portuguese Government has prepared a contingency plan to avoid, as far as possible, disruption for British travellers to our country.
This plan includes the following measures:
- Visa exemption (trips up to 90 days)
- Dedicated passport control areas/lanes for UK flights
- Possibility of mutual recognition of driving licenses
- Use of the Portuguese National Health Service
- Validity of UK travel insurance policies
- Provide simplified requirements for UK nationals´ pets
- Similar passenger security taxes
We take the opportunity to inform you that in addition to the measures mentioned above, Turismo de Portugal is planning a major marketing campaign in the UK to show the British public that they are welcome in Portugal.
Portugal will continue to welcome British tourists!